2022 ACB Conference and Convention
After two years of holding ACBs conference and convention virtually, we look forward to coming together at the Hilton Hotel, 1001 Cass St, in Omaha, Nebraska.
For the first time, ACB will be holding a hybrid conference and convention where we will be offering virtual only sessions, in-person only sessions, and virtual and in-person sessions together.
While we are excited about being with one another again in Omaha, we have not forgotten the valuable lessons we learned in the past two virtual conference and conventions. Our virtual experience in 2020 and 2021 led to a level of participation in the conference and convention that we want to encourage and expand in 2022.
The conference and convention will begin virtually on June 22 with the reading of the standing rules and the first credentials report. Virtual Sessions will kick off June 23rd. The in-person portion of the conference and convention will be from Friday July 1, 2022 through Friday, July 8, 2022. Most sessions offered at the in-person conference and convention will also be available virtually. Virtual sessions will be conducted in zoom rooms as was done in 2020 and 2021.
- The convention auction will be held virtually on June 18th, starting at 6:00 PM Central Time.
- The reading of the standing rules and the first credentials report will be conducted virtually on June 22nd at 7:00 PM Central Time.
- Special interest affiliate meetings and programs will be held virtually from June 23rd through June 25th; and in person and virtually July 1 through July 6.
- Opening general session will be held Saturday evening, July 2nd with general sessions Sunday through Wednesday morning, and all day on Thursday, July 7th followed by our banquet. The general sessions will be streamed on ACB Media and available via Zoom.
- In person tours will be from Friday, July 1 through Friday, July 8th. There will also be a virtual tour channel on ACB Media.
- To register, you must login to your member account at https://members.acb.org/. If you do not remember your login and password, you may select “password reset” or call the Minneapolis office at 612-332-3242. Once logged in to the members site, select the link labeled “ACB Convention.”
- If you have not created a member account at https://members.acb.org/, select the link labeled “Create an Account” and provide the information requested. After creating an account, you can log in, but it may take up to 24 business hours before you will be able to complete a convention registration, as the Minneapolis office needs to link your member account to our database.
In 2021, ACB tested a remote voting process that was open to all members. ACB will be using the same system in Omaha. More specific information will be provided by the voting issues task force.
The health and safety of our conference and convention attendees is our highest priority.
- All individuals attending the conference and convention in person will be required to show proof of COVID vaccination to receive their convention packets. Registrants with a medical or religious exemption must provide a negative PCR (polymerase chain reaction) test taken 72 hours before coming to the convention. If a PCR test isn’t possible, they will need to contact the convention coordinator or convention staff person at least 14 days prior to convention.
- ACB will follow the current COVID guidelines in Omaha, Nebraska.
- Face masks are optional. At ACBs conference and conventions official meeting rooms, there will be a section of the room identified as a “mask required seating” area. All participants seated in this area will be required to wear masks. All other seating areas in the meeting rooms will be mask optional areas.
- Volunteers will need to wear a mask and will be provided with sanitizer for their use.
Room rates at The Hilton are $96.00 (single or double occupancy) with an additional $10.00 per person for up to four people per room. Room tax is currently 18.16%. One night's stay will be charged to your credit card when you book your reservation.
To make reservations online go to American Council of the Blind - Start your reservation (passkey.com) .
When asked to select guest type on the main screen, select attendee. For those who wish to call in and make their reservation, call 1-800-HILTONS 800) 445-8667 and reference the name of the group block, American Council of the Blind. The group code if needed for those calling in is ACB.
Travel to Omaha:
There are several options for traveling to Omaha for the 2022 ACB Conference and Convention. Eppley Field, (airport code oma), is located 3 miles from the hotel and is classified as a medium hub airport by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). Several airlines fly to Omaha:
- Alaska Airlines
- American Airlines
Omaha is also served by Amtrak and Greyhound; the stations are both approximately a 5-minute taxi ride to the hotel.
Staying in Touch:
The convention announce list will be filled with information about the convention; subscribe to the list by sending a blank e-mail to acbConventionemail@example.com.
If you received updates for the 2021 convention you do not need to subscribe to the list.
More information will be posted on this website as it becomes available.
2022 Exhibit information: Michael Smitherman, (601) 331-7740, firstname.lastname@example.org.
2022 Advertising and Sponsorships: Anthony Stevens, (202)559-2045. email@example.com
For any other convention related questions please contact Janet Dickelman, convention chair, (651) 428-5059, firstname.lastname@example.org