Important Update about the 2020 Conference and Convention
Due to the ever-changing restrictions involving the Coronavirus and The American Council of the Blind’s concern for everyone's health and safety, we have made the difficult decision to cancel the in-person 2020 Conference and Convention in Schaumburg, IL. This does not mean there won't be a convention. Our team has worked hard to develop an engaging and inspiring virtual agenda across a host of interactive and accessible platforms. We will still hold our general sessions, special-interest affiliate, committee and business partner programming. Vendors will be able to provide information to you about their products. There will even be a virtual walk, auction and banquet. To make sure you receive the most up to date information, subscribe to our convention announce list by sending a blank email to email@example.com or contact Janet Dickelman, convention coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (651) 428-5059.
Registering for the 2020 Virtual Conference and Convention
- Since there are no capacity limitations on events and sessions this year, pre-registration will be open to both members and nonmembers on May 21st at 7:00AM EDT.
- Pre-Registration closes at 11:59PM EDT on June 21st.
- While much of the conference and convention will be live-streamed on ACB Radio, pre-registering will allow you to actively participate in the zoom meeting for each session. By pre-registering and paying the required $25 administrative fee, you will be provided the zoom link, phone number, meeting ID and password to each of the sessions you have selected. There are no additional fees for any meetings, workshops or seminars.
- If you do not wish to pay the registration fee and participate in Zoom meetings, you may still become an Individual ACB sponsor or purchase ACB branded merchandise. Click here to login and become an individual ACB sponsor or purchase ACB branded merchandise only.
Major differences in the 2020 pre-registration process:
- All sessions featuring programs, seminars, or virtual social gatherings are free of charge.
- There is an administrative fee to help offset the cost of the convention program and the cost of presenting the conference and convention.
- Special-Interest Affiliate fees help offset the cost they incur in presenting their programs and seminars.
- The official conference and convention program may contain more free programs and activities.
- Once you have completed your initial order, you may return later to select additional sessions. If you need to delete an item you have purchased, you will need to contact Alicia Knight at 612-332-3242 or email@example.com. Alicia will remove the paid item from your order and refund your credit card. This doesn't apply to sessions that have no charge.
- If your convention program format choice is braille or large print, your program will be mailed to you at the address in your preferences section. As always, you may choose digital formats instead of print.
Attention Sponsors, Advertisers and Exhibitors
ACB has developed a host of opportunities for you to promote your business in a virtual environment. Online ordering is no longer active, but we can work with you personally to develop a custom package to meet your needs.
If you need help or more information, contact Janet Dickelman at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-428-5059.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the ACB Conference and Convention. With the cancellation of the 2020 in-person convention, we won't be needing volunteers in Schaumburg, but we will be in Phoenix, AZ in 2021 and hope to see you there!