JUNE 30 – JULY 9, 2022
REWARDING SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES
Approximately 700 blind and visually impaired people from across the United States and several foreign countries are coming to The Hilton Hotel and the CHI Health Center in Omaha Nebraska, for the 2022 conference and convention of the American Council of the Blind.
Over 200 meetings, workshops, seminars, tours and social events will pack convention week. A fantastic exhibit area will include all kinds of technology, products and services for people who are blind and visually impaired.
Attendees will begin arriving on Thursday, June 30, and the last weary visitors will depart on Saturday, July 9.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
- Welcome people to Omaha at the airport
- Act as ushers in general sessions
- Volunteer at the ACB Fundraising Walk (Saturday evening, July 2)
- Help people locate booths in the exhibit hall
- Act as guides on tours and between meeting rooms
WHO CAN HELP?
- Boy and Girl Scouts, ROTC's, BETA Clubs
- Sunday school classes and youth groups
- Employee and neighborhood organizations
- Firefighters, police, metro employees
- Civic groups such as Lions, Rotary, Elks, and Masons
- Fraternities, sororities and students
- Individuals, relatives and friends
- Every day June 30 through July 9th, (peak volunteer days at the hotel are July 1 through July 8th, some volunteers needed 6/30, 7/8 and 7/9)
- Airport: June 30 through July 2 and July 7th through July 9th.
- The Hilton Hotel, 1001 Cass Street, Omaha, NE
- CHI Health Center (Convention Center) 455 North 10 Street, Omaha, NE
- Volunteers should be able to work a three to four hour shift.
- Volunteers must be clean, hair must be neat, and dress must be appropriate. No halters or low-cut tops, cut-offs, short shorts. Underwear must not be showing and clothing with holes or excessively baggy pants are not permitted. Shoes and shirts are required.
- ACB cannot accept responsibility for supervising volunteers under 18 years of age. Under-age volunteers should be accompanied by a parent or adult group leader who can give permission for the youth's participation. Volunteers must be at least 13 years old. No babies or young children, please.
All volunteers will receive a 2022 ACB convention certificate of appreciation. Students and others needing service hours may have forms completed and signed at the Volunteer Desk.
HOW TO SIGN UP:
For more information or to register as a 2022 ACB convention volunteer:
- signup online at THIS LINK
- or contact Sally Benjamin at Volunteer@acb.org,
- or call her at 866-846-7380.
Thank you for being an ACB volunteer!