VOLUNTEERS NEEDED, JUNE 28 - JULY 7, 2018
REWARDING SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES:
Approximately 1,000 blind and visually impaired people from across the United States and several foreign countries are coming to St. Louis, MO for the 2018 conference and convention of the American Council of the Blind.
Over 350 meetings, workshops, seminars, tours and social events will pack convention week. A fantastic exhibit area will include all kinds of technology, products and services for people who are blind and visually impaired.
Attendees will begin arriving on Thursday, June 28, and the last weary visitors will depart on Saturday, July 7.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
Here are some of the things you and your group can do to help:
- Welcome people to St. Louis at the airport
- Act as ushers in general sessions
- Volunteer at the ACB Fundraising Walk (Saturday morning, June 30th)
- Volunteer at the ACB Auction (Tuesday evening, July 3rd)
- Help people locate booths in the exhibit hall
- Act as guides on tours and between meeting rooms
WHO CAN HELP?
- Boy and Girl Scouts, ROTCs, BETA Clubs
- Sunday school classes and youth groups
- Employee and neighborhood organizations
- Firefighters, police, metro employees
- Civic groups such as Lions, Rotary, Elks, and Masons
- Fraternities, sororities and students
- Individuals, relatives and friends
- Airport: June 28th through June 30th and July 5th through July 7th.
- The Union Station Hotel, 1820 Market Street, St Louis, Missouri, 63103: Every day June 29th through July 6th.
- Volunteers should be able to work a three to four hour shift.
- Volunteers must be clean, hair must be neat, and dress must be appropriate. No halters or low-cut tops, cut-offs, short shorts. Underwear must not be showing and clothing with holes or excessively baggy pants are not permitted. Shoes and shirts are required.
- ACB cannot accept responsibility for supervising volunteers under 18 years of age. Under-age volunteers should be accompanied by a parent or adult group leader who can give permission for the youth's participation. Volunteers must be at least 13 years old. No babies or young children, please.
All volunteers will receive a 2018 ACB convention certificate of appreciation. Students and others needing service hours may have forms completed and signed at the Volunteer Desk.
HOW TO SIGN UP:
For more information or to register as a 2018 ACB convention volunteer:
Thank you for being an ACB volunteer!